Romans 15:15-33 ESV
SALVATION TO THE NATIONS
QUOTE: Preach the gospel always, use words if necessary
Commanded to do BOTH!
• Preach the Gospel (Good NEWS) and 2. love your neighbor!
• Unless you are mute, 1. use words! 2. AND DEEDS
• Use EVERYTHING you have at your disposal – MUSIC
Last verse in Isaiah:
• How did the “people” rebel?
• AMERICA – I’m a good person – God wouldn’t send anyone to hell!
o Both False
o You are not a good person
o You go to hell on your own will
• Broken commandments – Rebellion against God!
James 2:10 NKJV For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.
LAW DOES NOT SAVE – ONLY CONDEMNS
• Bearing false witness – Lying – Guilty
• Coveting your neighbors __________. – Guilty
• Looking lustfully = adultery – Guilty
1. FREE OFFER OF THE GOSPEL
2. SOVEREIGNTY OF GOD
• Witness with WORDS or DEEDS – Yes
More difficult TRUTHS:
• Who wrote Romans, Paul or God – Yes (Steven Lawson)
• Is Jesus fully man or fully God – Yes
Does – Bible teach man has moral responsibility or God’s Sovereignty – YES
COMMANDS REPENTANCE from all MEN
Isaiah 45:22 Does not say the elect, OPEN call!
SOVEREIGNTY OF GOD
BOTH IN THESE VERSES!
John 1:12-13 NKJV
John 3:3 ESV
John 6:37 ESV
John 6:44 ESV
Ephesians 1:4-5 ESV
Matthew 22:14 ESV For many are called, but few are chosen.”
• Bible is clear, we are to FREELY offer the Gospel!
• Bible is clear, salvation of God and not man
• Bible is clear, we are commanded to repent and have faith
Ephesians 2:8-9 ESV
• Israel in the wilderness is like a man RELYING on the flesh?
Spurgeon on predestination and will of man:
He (God) saves man by grace, and if men perish they perish justly by their own fault. “How,” says some one, “do you reconcile these two doctrines?” My dear brethren, I never reconcile two friends, never. These two doctrines are friends with one another; for they are both in God’s Word, and I shall not attempt to reconcile them. If you show me that they are enemies, then I will reconcile them. “But,” says one, “there is a great deal of difficulty about them.” Will you tell me what truth there is that has not difficulty about it? “But,” he says, “I do not see it.” Well, I do not ask you to see it; I ask you to believe it. There are many things in God’s Word that are difficult, and that I cannot see, but they are there, and I believe them. I cannot see how God can be omnipotent and man be free; but it is so, and I believe it.
• Spurgeon believed FULLY in Election
• Spurgeon believed FULLY in man’s responsibility
• Since it is a work of God – I can’t do anything??? Wrong!!!
If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our dead bodies. And if they perish, let them perish with our arms wrapped about their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go unwarned and un-prayed for.
1 Corinthians 3:6-7 ESV
1. Planting and watering 2. God
Acts 16:30-31 ESV
- Romans 15:15 - 33