The Life and Time of Job
When God allowed Job to be pestered by Satan, all of the people in his life that remained suggested that Job “curse God and die.” But throughout all of his suffering, he remained faithful, righteous, and in a state of worship and praise to God. Are we the type of people that curse God when we lose someone we love, our possessions, or any other trial and tribulation that comes our way? What are you putting before God?
Three things that we can do to increase our ability to praise God:
1) Pray without ceasing- John 18:1, Matthew 6:5. The Lord’s prayer is an outline of a proper way to pray.
2) Read the Word of God- Matthew 3:16, All scripture is God-breathed. If you want to know how to live your life in a way that is pleasing to God, read your Bible!!!
3) Remain in a state of worship, praise, and thankfulness.
4) Go to church. It’s important to be around like-minded people! We can learn so much from other Christians and the fellowship we have together. It’s also important that we go somewhere where we are able to get encouragement when times get tough and church is a great way to get it.
God wants us to be thankful! God is pleased with praise and thanksgiving, whether it be through song or prayer or living a righteous life to His Glory. Continual praise is a vital part of being a Christian and if we truly want to please God, we praise Him with unconditional praise. Brother Roy expounds…
Before we accept Christ, we’re dead to the dominion of the Law, but once we accept Christ, we go from being “dead” and under the law, to “ALIVE” in Christ. Once we are “married” to Christ, there is no going back, but we go forward to produce fruit and multiply His Glory! Pastor Bryan E. Walker explains…
In order to be like Christ, we have to know and study Christ. The only way to do this is to read, study, and learn about Him through the Holy Bible! Rather than getting caught-up in worldly things, submerge and engulfed with Christ! If you want to be like someone, be like Him! Brother Roy Moreau brings the Word.
3 John 11
Being liberated from sin.
Is your soul craving an experience with the Almighty? There are no words to describe what it’s like to have an experience with the Creator and the awe He possesses. If you lack the sorrow of repentance, you can’t have the Joy of Grace! Don’t waste time! Be joyful for redemption is here! Pastor Bryan E. Walker explains…
1. Let your JOY be in Christ
2. To truly know Christ – results in joyful submission!
3. Having been liberated from sin, we now know the truth
4. Knowing the truth brings us from death to life
Have you, as a Child of God, recognized that you are no longer under the law, but under Grace? If we are under Grace, how significant is the Law? The law not only shows us God, but it is still precious to a Christian. For if we are lawless, we are have no desire to know God… Pastor Bryan explains:
Four Main Points
1. Recognize you are NOT under the law but grace.
2. Your Passion for God MUST BE greater than your passion for sin
3. You are to do something _______?
4. All GLORY belongs to God!
Page 33 of 36