Simple Gospel John 3:16 Sermon, One Way Christian Center, Olustee, OK
- For God “so” loved the world?
- For God “so” loved the world
- What was in the world for a Holy God to love?
- Do you think he looked down and saw you worthy of this Love?
- Combine all the people in the world; are they worthy this Love?
- Combine the planets, stars, all that is in the earth?
- Perfect love and perfect gift!
- Value of your son God’s only begotten son
- Could you give your son, for your enemy?
- The gift was IMMEASURABLE VALUE
- God gave himself – One God in 3 persons
John 10:11 NKJV “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.
God Gives his Son Jesus gives his life!
Who is the object of this great love?
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the “world”
Rom 1:8 your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.
Rev 13:3 And all the world marveled and followed the beast.
Joh 1:29 “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!”
Nicodemus a leader of the Jews – Now open to the whole world!
1 John 4:10
Answer the question why did God Love anyone?
Why? There is no reason in us!
This LOVE comes from the well of living waters!
It does not originate in us for we have nothing to give.
He did not look through time to see who would respond.
Who had the qualities, pleasing to a Holy God?
Out of a pure LOVE, He acted and secured your salvation
The greatest love ever!
Do you hear his voice? Believe
His sheep hear his voice!
This is why.
Matthew 11:26 NKJV Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight.
- God does as he pleases!
- This is good news! God is loving, merciful and just! We are NOT!
- It doesn’t matter who you are, what you have done.
- If it’s God’s love, it cannot be broken!
- Do you think he sent his only begotten son for a possibility?
- Believing in Christ – is believing in Christ NOT yourself!
- Believing in Jesus is trusting Jesus more than yourself, your idols, your money, your family, your abilities…
- Do you hear his voice? Believe in Christ!
- Have your sins overwhelmed you?
- Do you abhor your sins? Believe in Christ!
- Have you been tossed to and fro, a Christian today lost tomorrow?
- He will not lose you! Believe in Christ!
- Are you drowning in black murky sin, Believe in Christ!
- Are there storms raging around you, Believe in Christ!
- You will not be cast out!
How much faith? Do you have a little faith?
Place every ounce of faith in Christ!
Your faith will grow every day!
The good soil is Christ!
Place your roots in Christ, repent of your sins and produce fruit
It hasn’t happened yet, but Jesus says “He gave is Only Begotten Son”
1 Peter 1:20-21
The Gospel is to believe in Christ
It’s a Simple Gospel
Requires no deep thought!
Return to your first love!
This Gospel is the power of God!
Whosoever believes in Him!
Some say we limit the Gospel?
Power to change hearts is God’s!
Your HOPE must be in God!
This is the Gospel!
This is ETERNAL LIFE
What is NOT the Gospel? BELIEVING IN ANYTHING ELSE!
Blind guides of today teach you to rely on self-merit
You taint the Blood of Jesus with the works of man!
You mix the venom of sin and rebellion with honey!
You lead people to a destiny of weeping and gnashing of teeth!
No good news is heard from your lips, your focus is on the flesh!
Avoid pastors who do not focus on Christ!
Has anyone been saved by works?
Has anyone been saved by the law?
Is there any merit you can add to this GREAT LOVE?
Was Jesus concerned with the things of this world?
Why dogs? A dog returns to its own vomit!
These people were returning to their works of the flesh!
We must not have confidence in the FLESH!
Gospel of prosperity, this is NOT the gospel
Gospel of health, this is NOT the gospel
Gospel of self-improvement, this is NOT gospel
Gospel of the law, this is NOT gospel
What is the GOSPEL?
There is a person in the hospital right now, and they are old and dying.
What can they do with your wealth?
There is no hope for health or to extended life!
Wrinkle cream will no longer work!
Medication has little or no effect!
There is no need for self-improvement,
There they lay there and wait!
The law is no help to them because it condemns them!
Yet! Death has no hold on them!
Their faith is in Christ, nothing else will do!
They will live forever!
Their hope is not in their failing flesh, but in the cross of Christ!
In their hearts they sing:
Blessing and honor and glory and power Be to Him who sits on the throne, And to the Lamb, forever and ever!”
Put your faith and trust in Christ and nothing else!!!
Nothing else can save you!
- John 3:16 - 16