Deacon Scott Reynolds
Title: Where is God presence?
God has a lot of attributes that we do and sometimes don’t understand, such as his wisdom, knowledge, invisibility, mercy, righteousness, wrath, and his sovereignty. There is great power behind God’s attributes.
- God is higher and above all of his creations.
- God is omnipresent (all present).
- God is invisible but everywhere all the time, even the places that don’t worship Him and hell.
- God has different dimensions:
o God can’t be seen because he is in a different, spiritual dimension.
What about God’s time?
- He can see all time, equally and vividly.
- He has control over all time.
- God sees everything from the past, present, and future as it is happening right now.
What about God’s eternity?
- His existence has forever been, is forever now, and will forever be.
What about Jesus and His eternity? Does Jesus have the same attributes of God?
- The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all God but different “forms” of God.
- Jesus was in the beginning with God.
- Jesus’ eternity was declared by the Old Testament, Himself, and the Apostles.
o The Old Testament- Micah 5:2, Isaiah 9:6-7, Psalm 21:3-4
o Himself- John 8:58, John 17:5, John 17:24
o The Apostles- 1 Peter1:20, Colossians 1:15-16, 2 Timothy 1:8-9
- Jesus is the Priest continually.
- Jesus is all knowing, past, present, future, our Savior and everything else all at the same time.
- Jesus’ eternity was interrupted.
o When?- when He voluntarily became flesh.
o Jesus humbled Himself and became human for us.
o Jesus comes as a human and leaves his spiritual dimension and spent 32-33 years here on Earth, meaning that during this time, he wasn’t omnipresent. At the same time, God still had power everlasting to everlasting.
o He was limited from flowing through time and limited to being in one place at one time.
o Even though he wasn’t omnipresent, he was still all knowing. He spoke of his death as a present thing.
o After his resurrection, his eternity continues.
o His eternity now is working through us.
o Jesus’ power and presence is exercised through those who believe and the Church.
Jesus does his work through us and is only able to fully accomplish what he needs done through us. If Jesus were able to accomplish everything that He had done by himself, what purpose do we have? Every purpose that we fulfill for Jesus is to GLORIFY Him. The only way we are capable of glorifying God is to have the power of Jesus within us. God has made us a part of his eternity by manifesting part of that eternity in the flesh for us!
Scripture referenced: Deuteronomy 10:14, Jerimiah 23:23-24, Psalms 139:7-10, 1 Kings 8:27, Isaiah 66:1-2, Psalms 90:4, Isaiah 46:9-10, Psalms 90:2, John 1:1-3, John 1:14-15, Micah 5:2, Isaiah 9:6-7, Psalm 21:3-4, John 8:58, John 17:5, John 17:24, 1 Peter1:20, Colossians 1:15-16, 2 Timothy 1:8-9, Hebrews 7:1-3, Philippians 2:5-8, John 1:15, John 11: 14-15, Luke 22:14-22, John 19:29-37, Revelation 1:18, Colossians 1:17-20, Ephesians 1:22-23, 1 Corinthians 12:12-30